Enhance your intake system to its fullest potential with our ECS Tuning Performance Air Inlet Scoops! Strategically placed within the grille, these help to grab and direct ambient air right into your aftermarket or modified OEM intake system’s opening.
The factory MK7 GTI grille leaves provisions that allow intake air into the inlet duct on the passenger side but leaves out a direct flow-path to the air inlet on the driver’s side. With so many DIY’ers modifying their OEM grille to allow for a more direct route on the driver’s side, our Product Development Team saw an opportunity to serve the aftermarket with a clean, OEM-type solution that not only provides for a cleaner install, but directs cool outside air directly into the driver’s side air intake passage for the most direct air path.
To help you achieve the best results during installation each kit includes a side-specific, adhesive-backed vinyl trim template that aligns to OEM features on the grille. Once in place, the scoop opening can then be easily cut open with a dremmel or hack saw/drill combo.
On MK7.5 GTI’s both sides of the grille are vented so the scoops can be used without the trim plates (if desired) and do not need trimming. They can easily be bolted directly to the grille for maximum airflow into the air intake system.
- The ECS Inlet Scoops are designed to work with OEM Honeycomb style grills on MK7 / MK7.5 GTI and Alltrack only
- Manufactured from laser cut and CNC-bent 5052 sheet aluminum
- Trim Plates are designed to replicate the OEM Honeycomb design and are fine wrinkle black powdercoated to match OEM-textured surfaces
- Inlet Scoops are available in either fine wrinkle black or fine wrinkle red powdercoated finishes and available as Left (Driver’s Side) or Pair (Driver’s and Passenger’s Side) fitments.
- Upper Trim Plate (Fine Wrinkle Black Honeycomb design)
- Performance Inlet Scoop Kit – Black – Left & Right (Driver’s and Passenger’s Side)
- Pre-Installed ECS Tuning “Luft-Technik” Logo Plate with aluminum rivets
- Pre-Installed Stainless steel press fit nuts
- Stainless steel mounting bolts and washers
- Trim Templates – Left & Right (Driver’s and Passenger’s Side)
- Maximizes the performance benefits of dual inlet intake systems by directing cold air coming through the grille up into the duct on both sides
- Our ECS Performance Inlet Scoop Kit was designed, engineered, tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We ensured the highest level of precision and quality is delivered throughout rigorous long term product testing and leading edge product development methods.
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
- MK7 Customers: Installation requires trimming and drilling of your factory grill to allow for intended use.
- MK7.5 Customers: Installation requires drilling and optional trimming of your factory grill to allow for intended use.
- We put together a full installation tutorial from start to finish including how to trim the inlet opening in detail! See our Installation PDF under the INSTALLATION Tab for more information.
- Due to confined space these are NOT compatible with our ECS Tuning Supertone Horn Kit.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||GTI||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII Facelift||FWD||1.8T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII Facelift||FWD||2.0T Gen3|