VW has encountered a problem with the FSI camshaft and cam follower that could lead to damage to your engine’s cylinder head.
This small part can play quite a big role in your engine’s well-being. It conveys the movement of your camshaft into power for the high pressure fuel pump by riding directly on the camshaft lobe.
If it becomes worn to the point of breaking it can cause permanent damage to the camshaft, fuel pump, or both. It could also send metal particles into your cylinder head which can cause damage to moving parts. Without replacement, it is common for followers to have holes worn through them.
Replacing this follower as a form of preventative maintenance can save you from spending even more money and time replacing your fuel pump or camshaft from damage caused by a worn follower.
Kit includes the following:
- High Pressure Fuel Pump Cam Follower
- T30 Torx Fuel Pump Mounting Bolts – Qty 3
- Fuel Pump Sealing O-Ring (Recommended to be replaced every time fuel pump is removed)
*ECS recommends checking your cam follower:
- every 5-10k miles on highly modified cars
- every 20-30k miles on non modified cars