The linkage within the intake manifold runner flap that connects to the vacuum actuated arm can break at it’s drive hex, and allows the lever arm to “pop” out of the intake manifold, sometimes creating a massive air leak while becoming disconnected from the drive hex. By simply pushing the lever arm back into the intake manifold, the drive hex reconnects to the linkage and will operate the tumble flaps but it will continue to blow open again once under boost, creating a massive air leak.
The ECS Tuning Lever Arm Fix Kit effectively clamps the lever arm back into the intake manifold, maintaining the needed amount of contact to keep the lever arm locked into the drive hex and maintaining a positive seal within the intake manifold. The cap also prevents this malfunction by keeping the lever arm from popping off when installed.
The in-house Engineering Team at ECS developed a fix / prevention kit to the common faulty intake manifold runner flap linkage. Previously the only repair was to replace the entire intake manifold, costing hundreds in parts and labor. Save time and money with this easy fix kit.
- The lever arm fix “cap” is machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and is Type II black anodized for corrosion resistance
- The cap is held to the intake manifold by three evenly positioned set screws that capture the intake manifold webbing, preventing the cap and subsequent lever arm from ever becoming disconnected from the drive linkage and intake manifold.
- Everything is included to facilitate a quick and easy installation:
- ECS Billet Aluminum Lever Arm Fix cap
- Non-marring flat point set screws (3)
- Medium Strength Threadlocker – Blue (0.5ml tube)
- Ball end hex key – for proper installation in tight quarters
- Teflon shims – for smooth operation of drive linkage (2)
- Choose the THIN (.060″) shim for late production manifolds, with raised hump (OE# 06J133201BD) – Reference Install PDF
- Choose the THICK (.250″) shim for early production manifolds, with no hump (OE# 06J133201G and 06J133201AS) – Reference Install PDF
- Our ECS Intake Manifold Lever Fix Kit was designed, engineered, tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We ensured the highest level of precision and quality is delivered throughout rigorous long term product testing and leading edge product development methods.
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
- Looking for installation tips? Look no further, we put together a full installation tutorial from start to finish! See our Installation PDF under the INSTALLATION Tab for more information.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Tiguan 1||4 Motion||2.0T|
|Volkswagen||Tiguan 2||4 Motion||2.0T|